The Quantity Surveyor will be jointly responsible with the Project Manager/Senior Quantity Surveyor for the safe, profitable and quality delivery of, project(s) under their control from Gateway 1-8 ensuring completion to the satisfaction of their line manager and client.
Project(s): Project volumes and types decided by line manager on risk basis, but typically will be simultaneous series of low value projects or single mid value/complex projects reporting to Project Manager or large value/complex project reporting to Senior Project Manager.
• Health and Safety – ensure all projects are delivered to the highest safety standards in accordance with company standards and applicable legislation.
• Be jointly responsible for the profit and loss performance of the project ensuring financial, commercial and operational reporting processes are followed and to provide accurate information.
• Ensuring account growth including the development of other business strands and service lines within the Styles&Wood group.
• Be responsible for all cash management including the preparation of the respective Cost, Value and Reconciliation (CVR) reporting.
• Be responsible for the confirmation and implementation of all contractual and commercial agreements with customers.
• Be responsible for the planning, selection, monitoring and development of all colleagues and suppliers under your management responsibility.
• Be responsible for the preparation and effective management of the project procurement schedule.
• To implement and maintain an effective Client Relationship Management strategy.
• To ensure the effective implementation of the company’s Quality Management Systems.
• To ensure that the Styles&Wood company policy, procedures and business plans are implemented.
• Act at all times as an ambassador for Styles&Wood and possess strong personal qualities of professionalism and integrity in accord with the company’s visions and values.
In order to succeed in this role, the successful candidate will have:
• Working towards or achievement of an industry recognised professional membership.
• 3 years in similar role or demonstration of achievement of Key Duties and Responsibilities as part of promotion procedure.
The successful candidate will be required to be flexible and work in diverse ways to accommodate organisational needs. You will need to be self motivated, committed and highly influential.
The ideal candidate will have achieved goals and objectives through positive workforce motivation. Requiring strong problem solving, decision making, organisational, communication, interpersonal, and customer focus skills.
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter of how you meet the criteria.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.