The Accounts Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all subcontractor valuations, payments and related documents are checked and processed in line with HMRC guidelines in a timely, accurate and efficient manner, whilst demonstrating good customer relationships both internally and externally.
• Refresh Echosign data and import into the system each morning
• Subcontractor Statement Reconciliation – Ensure all key supplier statement reconciliations are kept up to date on a monthly basis
• Complete new account sets ups ensuring correct paperwork received and verified with HMRC as required
• Customer relationships – maintain a professional approach with external and internal customers ensuring a positive and helpful response is given at all times
• To ensure all incoming communication is responded to on a daily basis
• Maintain up to date self-billing paperwork for all relevant subcontractor accounts
• Liaise with QSs & MSs to resolve valuation queries
• Filing – Ensure up to date logging and filing for all subcontract invoices, and provide copy invoices as required
• Full competency on the Purchase Ledger in order to cover absences and assist during busy periods
In order to succeed in this role, the successful candidate will have:
• Subcontract ledger experience within the Construction Industry
• Awareness of VAT implications in relation to self-billing accounts
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of software, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word
• The ability to quickly become proficient in Evision, Echosign and Styles & Wood’s intranet system
• The ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
• Proactive nature
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Communication skills (email/telephone/face to face)
• Teamwork and relationship management skills
The successful candidate will be required to be flexible and work in diverse ways to accommodate organisational needs. You will need to be self motivated, committed and highly influential.
The ideal candidate will have achieved goals and objectives through positive workforce motivation. Requiring strong problem solving, decision making, organisational, communication, interpersonal, and customer focus skills.
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter of how you meet the criteria.
To Apply : For more information or an informal chat about this role, please contact Alex Halligan on 0161 926 6180 or email email@example.com
The closing date for this advert is 4th October 2019. However if we find a suitable candidate before the closing date we will close the application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.